Since it is the first day of the year, I got Flo a big lined journal. I told her she needs to write/draw something in it everyday about what she did that day or whatever she was thinking. Since she doesn’t write in full sentences yet, I told her she could write the date at the top of each page, and then either use words and pictures, or just draw things to represent her thoughts or events of the day. Today she drew an elaborate scene of Darren popping the cork off a bottle of champagne, while we all shouted “Happy New Year.” She drew Darren, herself, Bruno (the new puppy) and me, but I noticed Joe wasn’t in the picture, and I looked like I had a baby “in my tummy.” She said this was because it was before Joe was born. Hmm….
Other things we did today:
- Went to church
- Got a bubble tea at the mall, and walked around outside with the puppy to expose him to different people
- Ate tortilla chips and guacamole, which Joe calls “caca moldy”… yum
- Flo and I had a conversation about what constitutes cheating, while we were playing a game of Go Fish.
- Took a walk around our neighborhood
- Flo played with our neighbor’s daughter for about an hour
- Talked to Nanny & Poppy in Canada
- Watched the animated movie “Valliant”