Little Joe is still here in the hospital… he was readmitted last Friday due to some elevated liver enzyme tests and the fact that he still had a high fever after a week. Well, after three or four days of extensive testing, they finally determined that poor Little Joe has something called Kawasaki Disease, which is essentially inflamation of the arteries in the heart. It's been a very scary week… they gave him the standard drug treatment on Tuesday, and we're waiting to see if his fever stays down today… if so, there may be a possibility that we can go home. But, it will be a bit nerve-wracking for several weeks… apparently the first 6-8 weeks after the fever stage of the disease is the most likely to develop blood clots. So, just trying to take it day by day.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the past couple weeks. We really appreciate your support!